Monday, November 3, 2008

The Clock’s Ticking

We’re getting down to the wire now…37 weeks today.  This past weekend was spent assembling all manner of baby-related paraphernalia, putting the finishing touches on the nursery, and trying desperately to get my “honey-do” list down to only ten pages.  My two epiphanies?  I’m now convinced we (and our overly generous friends and family) have effectively cemented Q4’s profits for Babies R’ Us.  And I’m now painfully aware of what the phrases “some assembly required” and “batteries not included” mean.  A sign of many holidays and birthdays to come I’m sure.

Meanwhile, Abby becomes even more of a stunning mom-to-be every day.  She’s had a great pregnancy and while she’s enjoyed almost every minute of it so far, I finally heard “You know, I think I’m done. I’m ready to meet Peanut.” yesterday.  The stiff joints and exhaustion of the final month are taking their toll.  And I’m sure 60+ hour work weeks she’s still putting in aren't doing her any favors either.  Then again, the words “go slow” just aren’t in her vocabulary.  After much hounding though, she’s moved up the start of her maternity leave to this Friday which couldn’t come soon enough for those who know “waiting patiently” is a tendency neither of us really  possess.  While our “official” due date isn’t until 11/23, something tells me we’ll be seeing Peanut a bit early.

DSC_1970

No comments: